Sunday, September 27, 2009

Have split my blog....

into two!

Decided that splitting the scrapping from the other stuff might be in order. Will see how I go. As I get more organized - I will add a link to the other one. But if you are interested - my new blog is redantscrap . Hope to see some of you there.

Other than the usual colds and coughs at this time of the year. We are all doing well. We are meant to be camping, but the weather is so cold and wet it is just not funny. The house is progressing slowly. Just so that I can say I have kept you updated - here is the latest pic - although from what I hear, the trusses are now up and the roof and gutter will be going on this week. Yeah!

Also - just had to show you this pic of Tori. Last week I go to pick her up from child care and they tell me - oh and tomorrow is dress up day. "What? It is 5.30 at night and you are telling me this now?". "Oh there is a note on the door - it's been there since Monday" they say. I am thinking yeah - I love reading through masses of notes to find the one that applies to me....and it is ONLY Tuesday and Tori doesn't go Mondays...... Anyway - I try not to panic. I mean I have NO costumes at home at all and finding an outfit with less than half an hour before the shops close - that will even come close to fitting Tori is really stretching the friendship - OK killing it really! I don't even try!

I do come home and think what I am going to do?

I have a pile of clothes that someone has just given me to go through - I find a red t-shirt - that needs mending. Well, I decide I have to mend it anyway and that is likely to happen - NEVER - so I draw big black spots on it and some wings on the back with marker. OK - now I need antanae! Yes - it just so happens that I have these massive red pipecleaners on hand (don't quite know why) so I attach them to a black headband. I added in some black pants (which as luck would have it,I had bought the day before), some red socks and some black shoes and voille - what do you have - one very cute Toribug. Not too bad - considering the costume was finished and ready to go at 6pm.

Have a good one everyone....and take care.

Hugs and kisses



Sunday, September 13, 2009

Some recent scrapping

As usual, I have not been scrapping as much as I would like of late. Between the house, work, kids, etc - just no time.
This weekend however, (between the house, work and kids) I decided to participate in my second Cyber Crop ever and have had a blast. The gals over at Scrapbooking Top 50 have been a blast to hang out with. We are from all over Australia and there is even one gal from the States there.
Anyway - still haven't done a heap of scrapping, as I have been too busy gasbagging with the gals and getting to know them; but this is what I produced on night 2.
This is an all time favourite pic of Matthew and Lily when visiting Canada last year. I reckon they could be models. The challenge here was to have 90% white and the other 10% had to be one colour only - Despite the fact, that I can't get a decent photo - I really like the result.
This second pic is from an online class that I did at Scrapbooking Top 50 about a month ago - I didn't have the kit that everyone else had so had to put it together with my own stuff. I originally did not like this LO too much, but I must admit, it has grown on me. I have included the link to the class if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Well thats it for now! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Hugs to all and MWAH

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Please - tell us if we are crazy?????

OK - some of you might already know, but Ray and I have been pretty stressed the past few days over the colour of the bricks that have arrived at the new house.

We ordered a sandstone/cream/beige brick (whatever you want to call it) and we feel we got more of a brown/ tan brick. The 1st and 3rd bricks in this pile are the sample that we were shown and that we ordered (the first brick is slightly darker than the 3rd because we soaked it in water as we were told that is why the bricks were different.)

The 2nd and 4th bricks however is a sample of what has been delivered to the house and the builders have started to lay.

Tell us - and please be honest!!!!!!

a) Do these bricks look the same?

b) If this were your house, would you be happy to take the darker brick (even though you ordered the lighter one), because it is close enough and they are 'only a couple of shades darker?

I really would love some opinions here....from everyone and anyone who visits - we just need to know if we are stressing too much and is this really is an 'acceptable difference' that we just need to learn to live with.

Thanks for your opinions.......